Barrow Clark Furnishers 01271 323322
Qty: 0 Total: £0
FAMILY OWNED AND RUN SINCE 1965
EXPERT GUIDANCE & CARE WITH UNEQUALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE
NATIONWIDE DELIVERY & FAIR PRICE POLICY
HIGH QUALITY AND EXTENSIVE FURNISHINGS WITH TOP BRANDS
Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (collectively referred to as " Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited ", "we" or "us" in this policy).
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data
fairly and legally at all times. Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our store(s), use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the
latest Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited offers.
Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
We may analyse your browsing and purchasing activity, both on-line and in store, and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis,
together with other demographic data, allows us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, we use software and other technology (automated processing).
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and
marketing service providers.
Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security
controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to
provide services to Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our
customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited to share your data outside of the European Economic Area.
This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 10 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited may collect the following information about you:
- your name, age/date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited websites;
- your password(s);
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited; and
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may
need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example if you set up an on-line account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- security controls which protect the entire Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you
complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited and more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or
other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time,
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please
contact us using the contact details set out below.
Legal basis for Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited processing customer personal data General
Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers (including administering any loyalty scheme for example);
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in
breach of legal obligations to Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
What are cookies?
(such as smart ‘phones or ‘tablets’) as you browse this website. They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer or device accesses our websites. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of our websites and to help you shop with us online. They are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to you, both on our websites and elsewhere.
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:
- Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited, or on behalf of Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and - third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
website from a site operated by those parties where required.
The cookies in use to deliver Google Analytics service are described in the table below.
These cookies are used to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page.
These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third-parties where required to do so by law, or where such third-parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website. A link to the privacy advice for this product is provided below for your convenience.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
External Website Links
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites)
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses].
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
If you have any questions about how Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your
personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: 01271 323322
- e-mail us at: email@example.com
- write to us at Barrow Clark Complete Furnishers Limited. Company Registration Number: NO. 860370. Registered office address: 12 Bear Street, Barnstaple, Devon, EX32 7BU
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at
This policy was last updated in May 2018